Need to Learn More About Foundation Repair?
Welcome to the underground world of foundation repair. My name is Bob Walton and I am your foundation repair guide. Whether you are facing a soil, drainage or concrete problem for the first time or you are a professional dealing with structural failure and concrete repair issues on a daily basis, you have come to the right place!
On this website I am sharing with you my lifetime of experience as a trained engineering geologist, general contractor and engineering contractor. Here I discuss many of the tasks and challenges I have encountered over the years. I use layman’s terms but I also provide you with important concepts and terminology. But what does a foundation repair contractor do?
First, he must be able to understand a soils report, structural engineering drawings and the basic principles of foundation engineering. Then he must be experienced in many trades including excavation, grading, retaining walls, drainage, underground utilities, demolition, underpinning, foundation drilling, rebar, structural concrete, flatwork, masonry, waterproofing, and many others. Finally, he must be a good businessman, able to obtain a foundation repair contract, buy materials, hire subcontractors, keep the job running smoothly, and collect his money when due. So what’s in it for you?
Knowledge is power. Whatever your role- homeowner, contractor, Realtor, property manager, property inspector, etc.-I have read the script. You have a valuable part to play and I want to empower you to make your best performance. I want to empower you with the knowledge you need to find and accomplish the best and most cost-effective solution to the problem. I want you to be a hero!
Foundation repair is not pretty. We must dig into the unknown- an underground world of dirt, mud and trouble. My pulse always quickens when the blade from the concrete saw makes its first cut, the backhoe bucket cuts the first trench, or the auger from the drill rig starts churning up that first bore hole. Will we hit an underground pipe, broken concrete, or maybe a plug of blue granite? Here I show you how a foundation repair job can keep running smoothly in spite of these challenges. And with the risks come the rewards-
The biggest monetary rewards are found in foundation cost savings. It is especially important that the scope of the job be carefully developed to represent the most cost-effective solution. Everybody Wins! Beyond the bottom line, there is a very special satisfaction that comes when you have put things right. Enjoy my site and thank you in advance for making me your foundation repair guide. And Remember:
“If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them.”
(Henry David Thoreau)
- Foundation Cracks? First get an Expert Inspection
- Best analysis of Foundation Cracks: Engineer or Contractor? Written Report? What to expect,,,
- Foundation Repair Costs - Actual Job $Totals
- Here's a list of my jobs with a description and foundation repair costs for each one
- Yard Drainage in Foundation Repair
- Essential moisture control guidelines for your yard drainage project.
- Valuable French Drain Guidelines for Success
- Avoid costly errors on French drain installation with advice from an experienced Professional.
- Basement Waterproofing Repair
- Discover permanent solutions to basement waterproofing failures.
- Expansive Soil Problems and Solutions
- The best explanation of expansive soil and what to do: